Your performance was a HOME RUN! It was so easy to see your involvement, focus, joy, and reward in your faces. Your expressions of concentration, bright eyes, and big smiles all told the story. You went about the business of making music with gracefulness, care, and expression, and received the wonderful reaction of a very enthusiastic audience. Your playing was not just met by polite applause. Enthusiastic, sustained applause, shouts of affirmation, and a standing ovation, proved that you had not only entertained, but also touched the audience emotionally. What better reason to make music! It was very special to have been a part of this performance, and I appreciate your preparation, effort, and talent. This band has matured so much with every performance and I am very proud of this fine ensemble.
Congrats to all our soloists for the beautiful work they did. Thanks to Jim for leading you so well through his tunes and getting the biggest audience reaction of the evening! Percussion, thanks for all you efforts to cover parts, teach parts, move instruments and generally be there with the right stuff at the right time when we needed you. The combination of a very good sounding McKinney band and your wonderful performance made for a truly great concert.
Onward to new events! Wednesday night I will see the M4L mentor band starting at 4:30 at Hendrick MS. Next Monday Jim will be rehearsing the small group playing for the Senior Center St Patrick’s Day Concert. This band is a little too small. We can use all the help we can get for this performance. The next Monday (March 16th) will be our first rehearsal for the next Eisemann Concert on April 26th. Please, Please remember to sign up on the website for this concert.
I am working on Principal Player and part assignment lists and hope to have them out by Saturday. Finally, read, Read, READ the information on the website. We are making a sincere effort to provide solid communication to the group.
Thanks for all you do to create such a superb ensemble!
SUB LIST PROJECT: Joe and Jim would like to create a substitute player list for each section. Having these lists will facilitate part coverage in response to the performance schedule conflicts, especially when they are unplanned or unexpected. If you know people who would be willing to step in and cover a part please send their contact information to Joe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- March MUSIC FOR LIFE > Wednesday, March 4, Hendricks MS, Denise sent an email to the participants
- March rehearsals: 9 (Sr. Center), 16, 23, 30
- March Senior Center CONCERT Thursday, March 12, at the Senior Center, 6:30 call time, 7 pm concert, this will be the same invitation as the Christmas concert was; play this concert if you love to do it.
- April rehearsals: 6, 13, 20
- APRIL CONCERT weekend
- Final rehearsal Saturday, April 25, 9 am to 12 pm at JPii
- CONCERT Sunday, April 26, 2:30 pm at The Eisemann Center, Richardson Texas – call time TBA
- GRAD BAND Rehearsal April 27 – this is the day after our concert and the full band does not usually rehearse; JPii graduation Sunday, May 24. Grad Band participant mail will go out later.
- May rehearsals: 4, 11, 18, 25
GRAD BAND GIG: Sunday, May 24, details to follow
MONDAYS IN THE PARK (Haggard Park Concerts) – rehearsals will be on the other Mondays during the summer
- June 1
- June 15
- June 28 – maybe a road trip to Aubrey or Pilot Point – not yet decided if we will even go
- July 3 Friday, Patriotic concert
- July 13
- July 27
If you are going to miss a rehearsal, be sure you contact your section leader, JOE or JIM